Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Introduction

Well, I did it. I've been thinking about picking up fiction writing again for a while. Now, at the very least, I have somewhere to put what I write. Whether this will actually lead to me being more productive is anyone's guess. But for the time being, my intentions are good.

What you're going to see here are mostly story fragments. You might see a few paragraphs of one thing, a chapter of another, some character notes for something completely different, a rough outline, or some notes that make sense only to me. I imagine I'll try to keep the stuff that doesn't make sense out of public view. The segments of story may very well be out of order, though I don't really like to tip my hand too early storywise. You will, however, probably be seeing my various drafts and getting an inside look at my writing process. My "process" usually consists of putting together some strings of words that feel passable at the time, stopping, reading it over the next day, throwing up, tossing 80% or more of what I wrote out and starting over. So you, lucky readers, will get to see aspects of my writing that I normally wouldn't show to anyone. At least, until I lose my nerve.

I welcome comments, good or bad. I wouldn't be posting this stuff if I wasn't willing to get some feedback. I only ask that you try to be constructive; I can't do much with "It's good" or "It sucks." And even if everyone hates them, I will not remove any posts unless I actually manage to get something published, in which case the story will probably be removed. I do reserve the right to remove any replies that are not relevant or constructive.

So read, feel free to comment, and hopefully enjoy.

No comments: